The Henri Storck Foundation is a non-profit making organisation created in 1988 in order to conserve and manage the cinematographic heritage of Henri Storck and other film makers close to him, such as Luc de Heusch, Charles Dekeukeleire, Ernst Moermans, David McNeil, Pierre Alechinsky and Patrick Van Antwerpen.
Their films and archives (photographs and documents) are accessible to the public on request.
– In order to make their achievements better known, the Henri Storck Foundation initiates, advises on and/or participates in the organisation of retrospectives, exhibitions, festivals and publications relevant to the work of these directors.
– The Foundation promotes Belgian documentary cinema, organising an overview of the nation’s documentary production every two years, along with a competition and prizes to recognise the three best films made during the period in question. The films entered in the two previous rounds of the competition are listed on our website and can be viewed in our offices.
– It organises seminars and conferences on different themes associated with documentary cinema. It produces and co-produces documentaries whose themes are related to the work of Henri Storck or the subjects that he addressed in his films.
– It cooperates in the publication of books dealing with Belgian cinema.
– The majority of films held by the Foundation can be viewed on viméo and are available on DVD, beta digital, 35mm or 16mm prints (see list on the website).
Henri Storck Foundation
T : +32 (0)473 75 70 27
Members of the board of directors :
Kathleen de BETHUNE, Chairman.
Arthur de HEUSCH
Félicien de HEUSCH
Pierre de MARET
Luc PIEN, Vice-Chairman.
Members of the general assembly
Jacqueline AUBENAS, Thomas CHEYSSON, Nicole CHRISTIAENS- van ISEGHEM, André COLINET, Kathleen de BETHUNE, Pierre de HEUSCH, Arthur de HEUSCH, Félicien de HEUSCH, Sarah de HEUSCH, Pierre de MARET, Natacha DERYCKE, Daniel DE VALCK, Vincent GEENS, Alain GOOSSENS, Louis HELIOT, Bert HOGENKAMP, Maurice LEPONCE, Roland LETHEM Françoise LOMBAERS, Ian MUNDELL, David Mc NEIL, Jean Mc NEIL, Dylan Mc Neil, Luc PIEN, Zeina QARI, Rik STALLAERTS, Françoise STORCK, Johan SWINNEN, Patrick VANSLAMBROUCK.